FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ's)
The creative collective of India is a diverse community sourced collective that provides a creative certification platform to ensure circulation of authentic messages. It was formed in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic to make authentic and accurate messaging accessible to everyone. This is crucial, as it nudges positive collective behaviours of individuals that lead to more positive health outcomes.
Crucial messaging to ensure community health should be made digestible and accessible across diverse communities, and must encourage individuals to behave responsibly even when local guidelines and restrictions such as lockdowns are eased. A preempted inclusive communication strategy which supports community-owned creatives to share relevant and authentic messaging is the need of the hour.
CCI embraces everyone from the creative industry:
Advertisers, Cinema and Theatre Artistes, Visual Media Artists, Designers, Planners, Strategists, Business consultants, Social Media Enthusiasts, Animators, UI / UX designers, Marketing, PR Professionals, Writers, Poets, Puppeteers — you name it — are all a part of CCI.
Of course! If you have the motivation or expertise to contribute, you can use commonly available digital tools to create communications based on the creative challenges that are provided on the CCI platform.
All you need to do to be a part of the CCI is to take the initiative to register on the platform as a creative and attempt the creative challenges:
Register as a creator > Submit your communication creative > Check the status on the dashboard > Receive approval/rejection with feedback on your work > Receive CCI Logo and certification code > Circulate your creative widely.
THE CREATIVE CHALLENGES
- There are a number of critical behaviour compliances for every individual to follow to stop the spread of COVID-19 such as maintaining hand hygiene, wearing masks, observing social distancing, being kind and empathetic, and stopping the spread of misinformation.
- Under these key behaviour groups, several creative challenges have been set up by experts which you can participate in. For example: “wash hands with soap and water”.
- Key messaging that is necessary as well as cues to inform your further research on the subject are also available in the brief.
To submit your work on the platform, visit the How to Participate page, or use the following steps:
- Register as a creator on the platform.
- Select one or more creative challenge(s) to respond to.
- Attempt the challenge based on the creative brief provided in the challenge. Make sure that your communication has the Key Behaviour as its highlight to influence positive change. Good to have information, while not necessary, gives you extra points in the review process. Additional information which is also not necessary, is something that you can add to your communication to give it more depth.
- You must complete a self declaration form stating that your communication has not been plagiarised and due credit has been attributed for images, etc. where needed.
- Submit your work.
- Check the status of your work on the dashboard. You shall receive approval/ rejection after the review process. If approved, you can add the CCI logo to your work to mark its authenticity.
- You can now publish the creative to social media and other platforms if digital, and print it out if it's a poster.
THE REVIEW SYSTEM
If your work has not been approved you will receive feedback for the same and you can make the necessary changes to re-submit the work.
Once you submit your work, the platform randomly selects and sends invites to reviewers who understand your language and cultural context to evaluate your submission. There is no play of bias as the platform is designed to ensure the anonymity of the stakeholders involved.
Feel free to have a look at the backend of the process using this link to see how reviewers evaluate your work based on your inputs.
You can use as much creativity as you like to make a communication as long as you meet the review criteria.The review criteria evaluates two things:
- If your communication contains the necessary and accurate information as given in the brief of the challenge.
- If your communication is sensitive to the target stakeholder for whom the communication is for.
Once your work gets approved you can embed the CCI logo along with a unique embedded certification code. The embedded code is ratified by publishing APIs for authenticity.
Since the creator of the work is the owner of the work, they shall decide whether they would like to use the logo or not.
Once the creative is certified, go ahead and use the CCI logo on the creative before you publish.
- Minimum Size: 60px for digital creatives
- Positioning: Place the logo on any corner of the creative depending on the content (top left / top right / bottom left / bottom right)
- Colour: Do not change the colour of the logo. It should be used in either the black (#000000), white (#ffffff) or the red (#b03b36) version.
- Background: Don’t place the logo on a visual that hampers its readability. Place the logo on a flat/ neutral background.
- Circulation: Do not use the logo on any other material for distribution. It is to be used solely on the certified creative.
You can share your work on any digital platform such as: Instagram, WhatsApp, TikTok, Youtube, etc.
OWNERSHIP OF THE WORK
The creator(s) of the communication own the work uploaded on the platform. CCI doesn’t own any of the work on the platform. It provides creators a space to create, verify, and circulate authentic communication material.
There are primarily six incentives to participate in the creative challenges:
1. Chance to become a Community Superhero.
An opportunity to protect your community by influencing positive behaviour change.
2. Visibility through our platforms.
The best submissions approved by reviewers will be showcased on our website.
3. Connect with & inspire creatives in your city and across India.
We will display the creator's name, city, portfolio/social links under their successful submission for everyone to connect with and give credit to the Creating Heroes.
4. Get mentorship & support from communication professionals.
- Mentorship session for successful Creatives from regional and national Experts
- Master Class by various professional experts for best creatives to further polish their technical, creative and communication skills.
- Media houses will select and publish selected creatives in their respective regions, giving credits to the creators.
- Exceptional creatives will be selected by the various associations who will help repackage for National release, giving credits and involving the creators.
6. National, Regional awards in 2021
CCI and its partners will get together towards the end of 2021 to give away the awards for various successful creative campaigns.
- The best regional creative campaign
- Best national award
- Best creative campaign to learn from
- Best amateur creative campaign, and many more.
We currently don’t have a helpline number. We have tried our best to design for and answer any queries you may have. While we do not have the capacity to answer individual queries, we urge you to use your best judgement while interpreting our briefs and FAQs.
If you think we have missed anything out, please send us your feedback and email address on the platform at the GET IN TOUCH section.